Tuesday 24 May 2011

The development of the Sublime Sublion

Yesterday (24-05-2011) I went to the Lion's Den and was amazed at the designs on the finished lions (I will take some pictures today and post them up) As I look further on I noticed my design on a lion at the far end of the den. After meeting the artist Helen and seeing her at work I felt very proud and was eager to get involved.



Having dicussed the design and what the lion was going to look like in the end I realised some adjusments had been made by Helen which I found very creative and inspiring. I love the effort she put into the lions design and how she integrated the vegetables to look like they blended into eachother (see picture below)



As the painting of Sublime has recently been started, further adjustments to the design might occur. An example of this is the background on the lion's belly which Helen was thinking about painting a lighter shade of green lettuces. After thinking about this coming home, I thought that the design on the lion was a bit too much towards a vegetarian option from Subway. I now think that some sort of meat in the form of meatballs, ham or pepperoni should be incorporated to make it look more mouth-watering. Or, like my previous design, have a variation of the breaded rolls.





Lets see what today brings! Please leave a comment if you have any ideas or interests in the Sublime Subway Sublion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment